Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Another Birthday

Hello, hello, hello!  Second day in a row with a post.  Woot!  =D

As I mentioned yesterday, I have a lot of birthdays coming up.  One of which is a buddy of mine, almost a brother.  Our moms were best friends and we kind of grew up together, even went trick-or-treating together as He-Man and She-Ra when we were kids.  He's turning the big 3-0 this year, so I wanted to make him a fun card.



The image is from Bugaboo and can be found in the store here.  I just love Bugaboo, and they're so sweet with their freebies every Friday.  The image was colored with Copics, then Stickles were added to the halo and clouds.  As I was editing the photo, I noticed that I totally forgot to Stickle the wings! I went back and did it on the card, but didn't have time to retake the photos.  So, you'll just have to imagine it with crystal Stickled wings.  =D I'm not sure what company made the paper.  It's from my stash.  I do know that I bought it from Archiver's about a year and a half ago. The buttons were made with my Epiphany Crafts button maker.

Challenges:
Going Grey with Scrap Creations: Insects or Animals
Cards for Men: Anything Goes
Cards in Envy: Things with Wings
Paper Makeup Digi Makeover Challenge: Animal Friends
Eureka Stamps: Animal Catwalk
Digital Tuesday: Birthdays
V's Sweet Ideas: Anything Goes
Sparkle n Sprinkle: Use a Digital Image

10 comments:

Kim said...

great card! love the image. Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz! Kim x

NickScrapShack said...

That image is fantastic. LOL! I must go shopping for this one!

Perfect paper too!

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz this week. We would love to see you back soon again. Good luck!

Nick

Lau W said...

Hihi so fun card, very nice !
xxx

Judy said...

Giggle..this is so cute! Love the sentiment, and that too cute cow.

xo

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SO cute! Thanks for sharing this in our challenge at Eureka Stamps this week. We hope you will stop by again soon.
Blessings,
Karen
Eureka Stamps Design Team

P.S. Two more great challenges where you can share this would be:
Word Art Wednesday - www.wordartwedenesdasy.blogspot.com - Anything Goes

V's Sweet Ideas - www.vssweetideas.blogspot.com - Anything Goes

Hope to see you share your art everywhere. Have a great week!
Karen

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

hehehe! This is so cute! Love the image and the paper! Thanks for joining us at V's Sweet Ideas!
Lisa

Karen Letchworth said...

This is really cute, Starla. Very creative and fun! Thanks for sharing with us this week.
Karen
Eureka Stamps

April said...

How cute and a great card! I know he is going to love it! Thanks for joining the SNS challenge!

PAC CHARITY CARDS said...

Great card - Love teh design.

thanks for joining us at Cards for Men.

Caz

Misiówa i Spółka:-) said...

fantastyczna karteczka, bardzo mi się podoba:)